The management of the Babcock university is here to inform the general public that the Babcock University, College of Postgraduate Studies is inviting applicants from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the institutions under-listed programmes leading to the award of Post Graduate Diploma, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees for the 2018/2019 academic session.
School of Science and TechnologyAgriculture
Agricultural Economics: M.Sc
Agronomy: M.Sc, PhD
Animal Science: M.Sc, PhD
Microbiology: M.Sc, PhD
School of Management SciencesAccounting
Accounting: M.Sc, PhD
Business Administration and Marketing
Business Administration: MBA, M.Sc, PhD
Marketing: M.Sc, PhD
Banking and Finance
Information Resources Management
Information Resources Management: M.Sc, PhD
School of Social SciencesEconomics
Economics: PGD, M.Sc, PhD
Mass Communication: PGD, M.Sc, PhD
Political Science and Public Administration
Political Science: M.Sc, PhD
Public Management: MPM
School of MedicineBiochemistry
Biochemistry: M.Sc, PhD
School of Computing and Engineering SciencesComputer Science
Computer Science: PGD M.Sc, PhD
School of Education and HumanitiesHistory and International Studies
Diplomatic Studies: MDS
Language and Literary Studies
English Language: M.A, PhD
English Literature: M.A, PhD
Religious Stuides: PGD
School of Law and Security StudiesLaw
School of NursingNursing Science
Nursing Science: M.Sc
School of Public and Allied HealthPublic Health
Public Health: PGD, MPH, PhD
Program Modules/ Duration.Check out our dynamic, flexible elongated, regular and summer program. This gives you a variety of options to undertake, either as a working class or a business class full time student.
a) Regular Semester Module: This runs from September to April every year. A minimum of three semesters for MBA, MSc ans six semesters for PhD is the duration for the program.
b) Elongated Semester Module: This runs for 24 weeks (Weekends only). starting from July every year. The program is spread across a minimum of four semesters for MBA, MSc and seven semesters for PhD.
c) Summer Semester Module: This runs from May to August every year.
General Admission Requirements.
- Postgraduate Diploma: A graduate from a recognized university or a person with qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a first degree may be admitted.
- Masters Degree: A Candidate with a first degree from a recognized University with a minimum of a second class lower division may be admitted. A candidate with a good postgraduate diploma from a recognized University or with a professional certification in addition to first degree or HND may also be admitted to a Masters Degree programme.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree: A Candidate with a good Masters Degree not less than 60% average from a recognized University or 4.00 CGPA on a 5 poin scale may be admitted.
How to Apply.Application forms can be obtained online from our website: http://babcock.edu.ng/postgraduate.php by downloading and printing the Application Form in PDF format, fill it and return the hard copy with the required documents and a non- refundable application fee of N10,000 paid into Babcock Micro-finance Bank, or in bank draft drawn on the name BABCOCK UNIVERSITY from any bank. At the back of the draft fill the candidate’s names and choice of programme.
Completed Application forms should be accompanied with photocopies of:
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND Certificate
- Master’s Degree Certificate for candidates proposing to pursue Ph.D.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate for Nigerian Candidates.
- Marriage Certificate or Evidence of Change of Name(s) where applicable.
- 2 recent passport-size photographs.
Application forms duly completed should be addressed and be sent by courier services or by hand to:
The SecretarySchool of Postgraduate StudiesBabcock University, llishan Remo, Ogun State
Teaching Assistant-ships/Scholarships worth N210, 000 per annum are available for deserving postgraduate students.
Screening Exercise: There will be Screening Exercise on Thursday June 21st, 2018.
a) Elongated: July 1st, 2018
b) Regular: September 3rd, 2018
For further information, contact: 08072090645.