In this post, i will like to highligh what you need to know about the University of Nigeria popularly known as UNN, the requirements and Procedures for their Direct Entry into the school.
Direct Entry candidates if successful will begin their programme from second year if admitted, unlike UTME Admission through JAMB which assures admission into 100 Level.
Some Candidates for Direct Entry who had an NCE or ND certificate from a recognized College of Education or Polytechnic respectively may also be eligible for DE admission into any University in Nigeria.
Lets not write too much, the requirements for Direct Entry (DE) candidates are as follows.
- A minimum of ﬁve (5) GCE/WASCE credits at not more than two sittings with at least two Principal or Advanced level C.E. and the others.
- Two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognised institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses) and ND. Education may be accepted as a third A’ Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
- Minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma including the O’Level requirements.
- Candidates are to note that they will be required to provide their JAMB registration number which they used in gaining admission to NCE, Diploma etc for Direct Entry admission.
Was these post Helpful? If yes, You can share the post.
Read More Educational news here