The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has made some announcements that will be useful for candidates of the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examinations (UTME).
There comes hours after the results for the JAMB mock examination was released.
some of the important information released by JAMB are as follows so read carefully
1. Candidates who made mistakes while filling their forms in the ongoing registration can now make corrections for the following categories
-Correction of Name
-UTME subject combination
-Choices of institution/courses and date of birth
2. Candidates will have to pay the sum of N2,500 to effect any of these corrections.
3. Only approved CBT centres are allowed to make these changes.
4. Payment can be done via Remita before proceeding to the Centres.
5. Login to your profile, on the dashboard, click on UTME Registration Data Correction to make payment
6. The 2017 UTME registration ends midnight on Friday, May 5. There will be no extension.
7. Exam dates remain unchanged. The exam will be holding from May 13th to 20th.
8. Candidates will be notified when their exam dates and centres are available.
The mock exam was conducted on Tuesday, May 2, in all the accredited CBT centres nationwide.
Its aim was to prepare candidates for the real exams coming up soon.
This year’s JAMB registration has been fraught with problems. According to NOIPolls, 60 percent of the 2017 JAMB registration applicants experienced one form of difficulty or another during the ongoing registration exercise.
These problems were said to have arisen from the fact that JAMB introduced new measures to ensure ease in the registration process.