It’s barely few days to the commencement of the 2019 Batch B Stream 1 Orientation Course activities across Nigeria.
The National Youth Service Corps, NYSC on yesterday released call up letters for prospective corps members and many are new in this. So below are some major requirement for NYSC camp.
1. Authentic Student ID Card – (Original and photocopies)
2.Certificate /Statement of Result from your School (Original and 6 Photocopies) in addition if you are a Medical Doctor, Pharmacist or an Optometrist you will be expected to bring along original of your registration certificate with the Nigerian Medical Council, Pharmacist Board or Optometrist Registration Council and evidence of completion of housemanship or internship.
3. NYSC Call-up letter (Original and 6 photocopies)
4. Recent Passport Photograph – WHITE BACKGROUND (24 copies)
5. Compulsory medical certificate from a government or military hospital showing health status.
Going to camp with the above listed documents and items will get you through your registration at the orientation camp, up to the point of collection of mattress and your NYSC KIT. The NYSC kit consists of: 2 round neck loosely fitted white T-shirts, 2 pair of white shorts, One NYSC crested vest, a pair of NYSC khaki (Jacket, Belt and trousers), a crested NYSC cap, a pair of Jungle boots, a pair of NYSC white tennis shoes.
However here’s a list of 10 survival kits during the three weeks of rigorous exercise while on camp.
1. ROUND-NECKED WHITE T-SHIRTS : This is an essential outfit worn everyday in camp throughout your 3 weeks .
2. WHITE SHORTS: NYSC would give 2 pairs of shorts you may need extra 4pairs so as not to be stranded because you wouldn’t be able to wash daily.
3. PLAIN WHITE TENNIS SHOES/ WHITE SOCKS: It’s advisable you get one pair of rubber to save yourself from stress alongside leather tennis shoes.
4. CEREALS/PROVISIONS: Essential for those who would not like camp food with cup, plate, water bottle(useful on parade ground or long hours lectures)
5. TOILETRIES: antiseptics, insecticides, towel, sanitary pads, this is essential to keep you from infections and skin reactions.
6. MOSQUITO NET: Take along with a rope to tie it to your bunk to avoid malaria.
7. CASH: Atleast 25,000 with your ATM card ,there are lots of things that take up money in camp like food, charging of phones, e.t.c
8. WAIST POUCH: Very essential, it serves as your bank and locker for important items. Things like phones, money, ID card, keys, ATM cards e.t.c
9. TORCHLIGHT OR RECHARGEABLE LAMPS: In preparation for morning drills at 5am and at night after lights out.
10. PADLOCKS: please lock your boxes and bags to avoid regrets. People who lost things to theives due to carelessness
OTHERS: bed sheets, Pillow Cases,Pillow, Power bank, pain relief drugs, antibiotics etc
Note: Some Make sure to keep your things very well because things get missing in the camp. Most expecially phones, foodstuffs, and so on and so forth. So be very careful with your things and if you are not, you will loose alot of things while on camp. Again dont ever expect good food in the camp because it is not your fathers house!!! LOL..