The Civil Engineering Job is at Asharami Energy Limited, a Sahara Group Company, who is an oil exploration and production company with a strategy to deliver long term and sustainable growth.
This recruitment is necessary in offering field supervisory assistance/support in Asharami Energy for the supervision of multiple projects that has been captured in the development plan of OML 148 and other prospects in Sahara Upstream.
- Provision of adequate supervisory support to all Civil Engineering/Technical personnel attached to manage all existing/new facilities within the field.
- Assist in the development, execution and coordination of all Civil/Structural and Facilities engineering activities for the purpose of concept evaluation, concept definition (FEED), detailed design, construction and asset integrity for both onshore and off-shore projects.
- Contribute to research and Development, standardization, simplification and knowledge sharing within the department.
- Supervision of QA/QC testing procedures and routine structural maintenance works
- Carry out all tests necessary for the quality control of the works.
- Ensuring that the works are constructed in accordance to the design and contract specifications.
- Accountable to the Lead Facilities/Civil Engineer and Engineering Manager on progress, technical issues, non-conformities etc. in charge of technical advice, industry practices and competitive global standards to enable top operating performance.
- Assist to manage, develop and build a high caliber Civil Engineering team, management of design activities work outsourced to Frame agreement Engineering contractors; Work and behave in line with Asharami (Sahara group) HSE and business principles.
- Assist in the implementation of new technology to overcome new business challenges, work to formulate project proposals, defining scope and participating in development of technical solutions. Contribute to the update of standards, Tools and guidelines within own area of expertise.
- Provision of strategic support in Facilities/Civil Engineering development, management and close-out of the Operational Readiness Plans and activities.
- Work with functional leadership teams and individual departments to establish vision, key elements, annual goals /plans and accountability, with the view of achieving set goals.
- Lead meetings with regulatory bodies/partners/contractors and other IOC’S in respect of the field’s appraisal and developmental projects and plans within and outside the field.
- Supervision of all Land and hydrographic surveying works within and outside the field
- Ensuring that safety and environmental procedures are adhered to.
- Ability to adapt to operational environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and procedures.
- Good team player
- Must be a quick thinker
- Must possess good analytical and decision making skills
- critical thinking,
- the ability to interpret data
Minimum Qualification/ Experience:
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Detailed and methodical
- Analytical, critical thinking and questioning
- Responsiveness and ability to prioritize
- Adaptive and customer management capability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Material Engineer
- Quality control/Quality assurance supervisors
- Surveyor assistance
- Maintenance supervisors