Update: Where to Obtain Your NIMC NIN Number in Nigeria (Simples steps to follow)

Update: Where to Obtain Your NIMC NIN Number in Nigeria (Simples steps to follow)

Hello all;

You might have been wondering why the federal government have been enforcing the Nigerian people to get the NIMC NIN number, all these serves as warning because they by January 1st 2019, anybody who does not have it will have to suffer some setbacks but we are not going into that today.

what we are going into today are as follows;

  1. Where to get the nimc card and number in Nigeria and
  2. Simple steps to follow before you can acquire the NIMC NIN card.

Also Read: How to Retrieve NIN number using sms codes

Lets discuss briefly what you need to know.

Simple steps to follow before you can acquire the NIMC NIN card

1. Visit the NIMC website: http://www.nimc.gov.ng/ to access the Enrollment Form
2. Fill the Enrollment Form online with all your details and print out a summary sheet with a 2D Barcode and Registration Identification Number.
3. Go to the enrollment center, where an enrollment officer scans the barcode to pull up your information from the database. List of NIMC enrollment centers
4. You should verify and confirm the enrollment data on the system.
5. Your headshot photograph, fingerprints and signature would then be captured.
6. Submit your supporting documents for scanning.
7. Your enrollment is acknowledged where two slips would be given to you. (a) Transaction Slip (b) NIN Slip indicating completion of enrollment.

Supporting Documents

Walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with your BVN if you have one and any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:

You are required to bring along any of the following as a proof of your identity for your enrollment.
  1. Old National id Card
  2. Driver’s License
  3. Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
  4. Nigerian International passport
  5. Certificate of origin
  6. Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
  7. Birth certificate
  8. Declaration of age
  9. Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
  10. NHIS ID card
  11. Government staff id card
  12. Registered/recognized private organization staff id card
  13. School ID Card private/Public

Procedures for NIMC NIN capturing applicants of 16 years and above (Adult Enrolment):

  • Applicant walks into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document.
  • Applicant will be verified to ascertain if he/she has ever enrolled using the NIN verification portal.
  • Applicant will be issued an enrolment form to fill if he/she has not enrolled before. OR the printed Barcode slip will be collected if the applicant had pre-enrolled earlier using the pre-enrolment service.
  • Applicant’s forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided and to check for errors/mistake filled on the form. Note: applicants who cannot read nor write should be accompanied by a literate individual who can do the form filling for him/her.
  • Applicant’s pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer or the Barcode slip will be scanned by the NIMC enrolment officer to populate all the required field.
  • The enrolment officer will ask the applicant to double check his/her information for errors using the applicant monitor.
  • If the applicant is satisfied with his/her demographic information, the biometrics (ten finger prints and facial image) of the applicant will be capture subsequently.
  • After completing the enrolment, a Transaction ID Slip will be issued to the applicant as an evidence of the transaction. However, the Transaction slip does not confer the right to National Identification Number. The applicant will be requested to come back for the NIN within 2-7 working days, as it is subjected to availability of network, authentication and verification.
  • A National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is issued to the applicants after processing.
  • The National e-ID Card will be Issued to applicant within 12months after Issuance of NIN barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Availability: Monday – Friday (8a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Percentage of availability: 95 % (The Remaining 5% can be attributed to upsurge of applicants etc.)
  • Availability of the NIMS Backend.
  • Availability of Network for data transmission.
  • Availability of power for the enrolment system.

Leave a Reply